Price change and upgrades for Reseller Hosting
On 2 April 2018, the main features of all the hosting packages that Combell is offering as part of its Reseller Hosting solutions will be significantly enhanced. As of this date, the price of each Reseller Hosting account will increase by €0.43/month as a result of all the investments made last year, but also to be able to continue to support all the new features and enhancements in the future. To make up for that, we lowered the prices of caching options, so that you can boost the performance of your website even more.
2017 was a fantastic year, with many new features being introduced!
In 2017, we have been doing so much to make our hosting packages even more comprehensive. Here is a brief overview:
- Among other things, we have launched Let's Encrypt, which allows you to have a free SSL certificate for your website, and in many cases to avoid having to get a certificate you have to pay for
- Our web servers have been optimised with HTTP/2, which allows your website to load even faster with only minor adjustments
- Thanks to the dynamic structure of all the elements on our hosting cluster, we have managed to make PHP 7.2 available to all our customers with Linux hosting on the day it was launched
- For true techies, we have launched a brand-new API, which allows you to control your Reseller Hosting from your own administration tools or code
- The new AutoGit feature makes it even easier to deploy code to your hosting packages provided by Combell
- We have launched AutoPatching, which often allows you to patch vulnerabilities in your CMS that can cause major problems faster than if you had to do it yourself
- We have also further upgraded our storage with the addition of SSDs for even better performance
- We have simplified the administrative module for Reseller Hosting in My Combell so that you can get a better overview of your costs
- In My Combell, we have introduced a Changelog for software, which allows you to get an overview of the most important software upgrades on our web servers
- Last year, we made our spam filters even smarter using brand-new software, which helps reduce spam in your mailbox
Thanks to a team that is busy full time integrating features and researching new tweaks and optimisations, we will continue to launch new features in 2018.
We are currently already busy doing whatever is necessary to make sure our Reseller Hosting is ready for the future. We have significantly enhanced the specifications that are most important to our Resellers. Existing packages will be retained, but will become even more powerful. On top of that, we also lowered the prices of all our caching options!
New specifications from 2 April 2018
The specifications of existing packages (Standard, Performance 1, 2 or 3) will be significantly enhanced. The most requested and most frequently used features have been enhanced in order to make the packages even more powerful.
Below is an overview of all the changes:
|Pack||Standard||Performance 1||Performance 2||Performance 3|
What does this mean for my existing packages?
On 2 April 2018, the main features of all the hosting packages that Combell is offering as part of its Reseller Hosting solutions will be automatically adjusted to the new specifications. In your own service packages, you are of course free to decide about the specifications that you want to attribute to your own hosting packages.
As is currently the case, you still get an extra discount when you purchase large amounts of hosting packages. As of 2 April 2018, the price of each Reseller Hosting account will increase by €0.43/month as a result of all the investments made last year, but also to be able to continue to support all the new features and enhancements in the future.
Are you still using the old Reseller solution with packages? In that case, the price of each account will also increase by €0.43/month next time you renew your services.
Bonus: extra discount on caching options!
Another novelty is that, in early April, we will lower the price of all caching options offered to Resellers. So, if you want to optimise your website using Varnish, Redis or Memcached, you will be able to do it and benefit from a discount of 75% (previously 50%) on the regular prices for these options.
Any further questions?
Feel free to call us on 0800 8 5678.