You already know how to upload your website via FTP. This article shows you how to use FTP with your SSH credentials, which means you can use port 22.
All you need to do is download and install an FTP client, then enter the correct Host, Username, Password and Port.
Follow these steps in the control panel to use FTP with your SSH credentials:
- Go to “My products”> “Web hosting”> Click on the button “Manage hosting” to the right of your domain name.
- Select “SSH” in the menu on the left.
- With SSH you can establish a secure connection with your hosting package. By default, SSH is not activated. You can activate this by clicking on the slider.
- Now open settings for your connection in your FTP client. If you use Filezilla, it will look something like this:
- At HOST you use your backup SSH host. For example: ssh008.webhosting.be
- With USERNAME you use the SSH username. For example: ninefortwobe
- When PASSWORD use your password from the FTP root user
- At PORT you fill in “22”