Follow these steps in the control panel to change an FTP password:
- Go to “My Products”> “Web Hosting” > Click the “Manage Hosting” button to the right of your domain name.
- Select “FTP users” in the menu on the left and then click “Change”.
If you don’t see the password fields, check the box next to “Change password”; they will now appear.
- Enter the new password and repeat it.
- Click on “Customize FTP user” at the bottom.
- Go to “My products”> “Web hosting”> Click on “Manage” next to your domain name.
- On your left, click on “FTP & SSH”. That will expand into two separate menus. Now, click on “FTP”
- Here you will find the default FTP user and a list of all other FTP users. Locate the one whose password you want changed and click on the three vertical dots next to them, to open the drop-down menu. Click on “Edit Password”.
- A popup will appear. Enter your new password and click on “Edit user” to confirm.
Attention! The Password you use for SSH is the same as the primary/default FTP user. If you change the FTP password of the default user, your password-based SSH access will be changed, too.