Creating an FTP user is very easy.
Follow these steps in the control panel:
- Go to “My products”> “Web hosting”> Click “Hosting Details” to the right of your domain name.
- In the menu on the left you choose “FTP users”.
- Enter a username and click on “Add User”.
- Choose a password and click on “Add FTP user”. Your FTP user has been added. It can take a few minutes before the FTP user can actually be used.
- Go to “My products”> “Web hosting”> Click on “Manage” next to your domain name.
- On your left, click on “FTP & SSH”. That will expand into two separate menus. Now, click on “FTP”.
- Here, you will find a list of users. On its upper right corner, you will find the button “+Add”. Click on that.
- A pop-up appears. Add a username and a password for the FTP user. You can also choose between Read and Write permissions – add a checkmark to allow the permissions. Then, select the level of access – the upper most folder the user will have access to. The longer the path, the less access the user will have. Finalize by clicking on the “Add user” button.