File Manager is a very handy alternative that allows you to manage the files on your hosting package, because it gives you direct access to those files. This means you no longer need an FTP client or an SSH connection to add, edit or delete your website files. You can now do all this directly from your browser.
Where can I find File Manager?
In order to access the File Manager, simply follow these steps in the control panel:
- Go to ‘My Products’ > ‘Web Hosting’ > Your domain name.
- In the menu on the left, select ‘File Manager’.
- Click on ‘Open File Manager’.
- You will now see an overview of all the folders on your hosting package. Click on a folder if you want to view it or perform an action.
- Your website itself is in the folder ‘www’ by default. And any possible subsites are in the ‘subsites’ folder.
What can you do with File Manager?
In File Manager, you can manage all your website files directly. At the bottom of your screen, you can perform a number of different actions:
- Upload: Add new files.
- Download: Download a file to your computer.
- New File/Folder: Create new files or folders.
- Show editor: Access the code editor and edit code directly.
- Cut: Cut the selected file. Then paste it to another desired location.
- Copy: Make a copy of the selected file.
- Paste: Paste a copied (or cut) file to the selected location.
- Delete: Delete a selected file.
- CHMOD: Change the permissions of the selected file.
In addition to these functions, you can also right-click on a file to get access to some other functions. Via ‘Edit’, for example, you can edit an HTML file directly in your browser.