In order to be able to create e-mail addresses with your own domain name, you must connect a domain name to Microsoft 365.
In order to add a domain name, please follow these steps in the Combell control panel.
- Go to “My Products” > “Microsoft 365” (and choose the appropriate tenant if necessary)
- Click on “Domain names” in the menu on the left.
- In the list of domain names, click on the “+ Add” button.
- Enter your domain name (e.g. domainname.be) and click on “Add domain name”.
- You will then receive confirmation that your domain name has been successfully added. In that message, click on the link to further configure your domain name.
- Is your domain name not registered with Combell? Then, you will need to add the DNS records shown under “Verification” to the DNS records of your domain name.
Once you have done this, you will be able to verify the DNS records here, see screenshot (in Dutch).
- In order to make full use of Microsoft 365, make sure to click on the buttons that enable both “E-mail, Contacts and Calendars” and “Skype for Business”.
- Now you need to add the DNS-records in order for these services to work properly.
Is your domain name registered with Combell? If so, just click on “Configure my DNS records automatically”. We will then immediately take care of everything for you.
Is your domain name registered elsewhere? Then, you should update the necessary DNS records for your domain name as indicated. You can do this via the control panel provided by your own domain name provider.
- As soon as the DNS records have been properly configured, the domain name is fully connected to Microsoft 365. You can now create e-mail addresses with your own domain name.Read further: How do I create users and e-mail addresses in Microsoft 365?