IN THIS ARTICLE
- Granting licenses via the control panel provided by Combell
- Managing user roles and licenses in Microsoft 365
Granting licenses via the control panel provided by Combell
After creating users via the control panel provided by Combell, you can assign licenses to them.
Follow these steps in the control panel provided by Combell
- Go to “My Products” > “Microsoft 365” (and select your tenant if you have more than one).
- Select “Users” from the menu on the left.
- Click on the button with three dots to the right of the user and select “Manage Licenses”.
- Now click on “Grant license”.
- Select the desired license from the drop-down menu and confirm.
Managing user roles and licenses in Microsoft 365
If you want to change the role of a user, his or her license, his or her contact details, etc., simply follow these steps:
- Log in to https://admin.microsoft.com as an administrator
- Select “Users” > “Active users”
- Select the desired user.
- To change the license, select the “Licenses and apps” tab in the pop-up. Make the necessary changes and confirm by clicking “Save changes”
- To change the role, select the “Account” tab in the pop-up for the “Roles” option. Assign the user a specific role, or change the role that has already been assigned. The most commonly used roles are:
- Exchange Admin: this user can manage Exchange Online, but also create and manage groups
- User admin: resets passwords for users, manages all the features for users and groups
- Global Reader: can read but not change all admin features and settings
- Global admin: has unlimited access to all admin features, such as assigning, purchasing and deleting licenses, deleting an account, etc.
- Helpdesk technician: can reset passwords and manage service requests
- For further information about Admin roles, please visit the Microsoft website.
- Click “Close” to finish
Learn more on the Microsoft website: The difference between subscriptions and licenses