TXT records are often used to check whether you are the administrator of the domain name. Also SPF records are added as txt record.
Follow these steps in the control panel to set a TXT record:
- Go to “My products”> “DNS & forwarding management”> Click on the “DNS & forwarding” button to the right of your domain name.
- Select “TXT records” in the menu on the left.
- Click on the blue “+Add” button on the top right.
- Under “TXT rules” enter the value of your TXT record and click on “Add a TXT record” (see image).
- The changes are activated. Remember that this can take up to 4 hours. You can check the active records via: http://who.is/dns/