- Go to right top corner and click on the three horizontal lines. From the dropdown menu choose “Options”.
- Click on “Privacy & Settings” on the left site of the options page.
- Scroll down and find “Cached Web Content”. Click on “Clear Now”.
- Click on the hub button at the upper right corner of your screen.
- In the “Clear Browsing Data” section click on “Choose what to clear”
- Select at least “Cached data and files” and click on “Clear”
- Go to the upper right corner of the page, open the drop-down menu and click on “Options”.
- Choose “Privacy & Security” from the menu on the left.
- Go to “Cookies and Site Data” and click on “Clear Data”.
- Click on the settings button at the upper right corner and choose “Preferences”
- Switch to the Advanced panel
- Switch to the “Network tab”
- In the “Cached Web Content” section click on “Clear Now”
- Click on the settings button at the upper right corner and choose “More tools” > “Clear browsing data”.
- Check the dropdown at the top look for the amount of data you are deleting
- Select at least Cached images and files
- Click on “Clear browsing data”
- Navigate to the top and click on “Safari”
- Follow “Preferences” > “Advanced”
- Check “Show Develop menu” in menu bar
- You now see the “Develop menu” at the top. Follow “Develop” > “Empty Caches”.