- Go to right top corner and click on the three horizontal lines. From the dropdown menu choose “Options”.
- Click on “Privacy & Settings” on the left site of the options page.
- Scroll down and find “Cached Web Content”. Click on “Clear Now”.
- Click on the hub button at the upper right corner of your screen.
- In the Clear Browsing Data section click on Choose what to clear
- Select at least Cached data and files and click on Clear
- Go to the upper right corner of the page, open the drop-down menu and click on ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Privacy & Security’ from the menu on the left.
- Go to ‘Cookies and Site Data’ and click on ‘Clear Data’.
- Click on the settings button at the upper right corner and choose Preferences
- Switch to the Advanced panel
- Switch to the Network tab
- In the Cached Web Content section click on Clear Now
- Click on the settings button at the upper right corner and choose More tools > Clear browsing data.
- Select at least Cached images and files
- Check the dropdown at the top look for the amount of data you are deleting
- Click on Clear browsing data
- Navigate to the top and click on Safari
- Follow Preferences > Advanced
- Check Show Develop menu in menu bar
- You now see the Develop menu at the top. Follow Develop > Empty Caches.