With Microsoft 365 (Office 365), you and your collaborators can work from anywhere, and documents are available everywhere thanks to OneDrive. Here is how you can get started.
You can also read: Getting started with your Microsoft 365 mailbox
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- Getting your Microsoft 365 environment ready for use
- Logging in to Microsoft 365
- Changing your personal Microsoft 365 settings
- Set up your Microsoft 365 mailbox
- Working with Microsoft 365 apps
Getting your Microsoft 365 environment ready for use
As soon as your Microsoft 365 environment is ready for use, you will receive an e-mail to get you started.
Please follow these steps in our control panel to start using Microsoft 365
Step 1: Connect a tenant to your Microsoft 365 environment
Follow these steps in the control panel of Combell
- Go to “My Products” > “Microsoft 365” (or click on the button in the e-mail that informs you that your Microsoft 365 environment is ready for use)
- Choose a tenant for your environment.
A tenant is made up of a name chosen by you (your domain name is used by default) followed by “.onmicrosoft.com”. This is a form of identification at Microsoft and is not related to your domain name.
- If your tenant is still available, click on the “Use the tenant” button to select that tenant.
If the tenant already exists and you still want to use it, this is only possible if the administrator of that tenant gives you the necessary permissions. Follow the link to grant these permissions and then click “Check permissions” (see screenshot in Dutch).
- A few minutes later, your Microsoft 365 environment is ready for use.
Step 2: Linking your domain to Microsoft 365
In order to create an e-mail address with your own domain name, you must also connect your domain name to Microsoft 365.
Step 3: Creating users (and e-mail addresses) and granting licenses
After your tenant and domain name have been configured, you can also create additional users and/or grant licenses. When creating a user, you can also choose an e-mail address based on your own domain name.
Logging in to Microsoft 365
Have you lost the login details of a user? You can reset the password via the control panel provided by Combell.
Changing your personal Microsoft 365 settings
In your control panel, you can set your personal preferences and find information about the license and permissions you have. There are some settings you may want to change. For example, you can:
Set up your Microsoft 365 mailbox
Using the web version of Outlook
The web version of Outlook allows you to check your e-mails, contacts, tasks and calendar. There are two ways to open Outlook online.
Here is how you can open the online version of Outlook:
- Go to your web portal https://portal.office.com and click on the “Outlook” block
- Or: go directly to your e-mail via https://outlook.office.com
Your e-mail account is ready!
Download the Outlook app to all your devices
If you opted for a Combell package that also allows you to download the Microsoft apps to your own device, you can also install the Outlook app on your PC, Mac or mobile device. You can also read: Working with Outlook on your desktop or mobile device.
Set up your Microsoft 365 Exchange mailbox on all your devices
With most devices and apps, the e-mail settings of your Office Exchange account will be retrieved automatically. If this is not the case, you can enter the settings manually.
Please read our guide to set up your Microsoft 365 mailbox on all your devices (including a guide for Outlook for Windows, Mac and mobile devices).
Working with Microsoft 365 apps
When you log in to your Microsoft 365 environment, you can edit documents online. Depending on your chosen package, you will also be able to download the Microsoft applications to work offline.
Working online with Microsoft 365 apps
All the files you save in Microsoft 365 can be edited online. This includes documents that you have created yourself using, for example, Word or Excel, but also documents that you have saved in one of your Team sites, your SharePoint environment or OneDrive. Or documents that you have received as attachments to e-mails.
Here is how you can create a Word document, for example:
- Go to https://portal.office.com/ and log in
- Click “OneDrive” > “New”
- Select “Word document”. Word Online will now open for you, allowing you to create and save a document.
Downloading the Microsoft 365 apps for your computer or Mac
If you want to be able to work offline with the Microsoft apps, you will of course need to download them first:
- Go to https://portal.office.com/and log in using your login details as a user
- You will now see an overview of all available Microsoft apps
- Click “Install Office” and follow the instructions
- Activate your license
- Open the app
- Log in using the details from your Microsoft 365 account.