With Boost, you can make your hosting and website faster in just a few clicks.
Because unlike other caching methods (such as Varnish), Boost does not
require complicated configuration.
All you need to do is activate the option in our control panel and install a plug-
in for your CMS (e.g. WordPress).
What is Boost?
With Boost, your hosting does not work with Apache but with more advanced
Litespeed technology. This has several advantages:
- Additional DDoS protection
- Your website is more resistant to sudden visitor spikes
- And can handle more simultaneous visitors without loss of speed
The code of your website should not be modified.
Activate Boost on your hosting package
To activate Boost on your Combell hosting package, you do not have to
modify anything in your code. You just need to activate the option via the
control panel and install a plug-in for your CMS or framework.
Activate Boost through the control panel
Follow these steps in the control panel to activate Boost on your hosting
- Go to “My Products” > “Web hosting” > Your domain name
- In the menu on the left, choose “Performance & Caching”
- At Boost, click on “View this upgrade”
- Boost is a paid option. Complete the order to activate the option.
Install the LiteSpeed plug-in for your CMS or Framework
LiteSpeed has developed a plug-in for almost every CMS or framework. Install
to caching. This will make your website load even faster in browsers.
Find all available plug-ins at https://lscache.io/plugins/
Install the LSCache plug-in on WordPress
1. Go to your website’s WordPress environment and follow these steps
2. Go to “Plugins” > “New plugin”
3. Search for the plugin: “LSCache”
4. Click “Install Now”
5. Done. No additional configuration is required.
More info: https://wordpress.org/plugins/litespeed-cache/
Sometimes it is useful to exclude certain pages from the cache.
To do this, go to “Cache” in the LiteSpeed plug-in menu
Choose “Excludes” in the tab at the top
Enter the url of the page that should not be cached in the “Do not cache
urls” field or enter the cookie of pages that should not be cached under
“Do not cache cookies”.
Install the LiteSpeed module for Drupal
1. Download the Drupal module from: https://github.com/litespeedtech/lscache-drupal/archive/master.zip
2. Go to Home > Manage > Extension
3. Click ‘add new module’
4. Select the downloaded module on your computer
5. Go to Home > Manage > Extension and check the ‘LiteSpeed Cache’
6. Click ‘install’ at the bottom