The MX-record, also called the Mail Exchanger Record, is the part of the Domain Name System (DNS) that provides information about the mail server that your domain name uses.
You can optionally specify multiple MX-records, each with a different priority.
Follow these steps in the control panel to set an MX-record:
- Go to “My products”> “DNS & forwarding management”> Click on the “DNS & forwarding” button to the right of your domain name.
- Choose “MX-records” in the menu on the left.
- To change an existing MX-record , choose the record that you want to change and click on “Change”.
Change the destination, the Time To Live (TTL) and the priority as desired and click on “Save.” You can add a new MX-record at the bottom of the list. The left text field leaves you blank unless you want to set the e-mail traffic of a subdomain (advanced).
- Enter the destination, Time To Live (TTL) and priority as desired and click on “Add”:
- The changes are activated. Remember that this can take 1 to 4 hours. You can check the active records via: http://who.is/dns/