Set up an out of office when you go on vacation or no longer use an e-mail address. For example, people who email you know that you will not read their message (quickly).
Set up an Out of office for your Basic mailbox
- Control Panel
Follow these steps in the Control Panel
1. Go to “My products”> “E-mail hosting”> Click on “Manage” next to the domain name for which you want to manage the mailbox.
2. In the menu on the left you choose “Mailboxes”.
3. Choose the mailbox for which you want to set up an out of office and click on “Manage”.
4. Scroll down and click on “Activate automatic reply”
5. Enter the subject and your message.
5. Confirm to save the changes.
Follow these steps in Webmail:
1. Click on “Settings” at the top.
2. Select “Autoresponder” in the menu on the left (see image).
3. Select “Send automatic responses”.
4. Enter your subject and message.
5. Confirm with a click on “Save”.
Set up an Out of office for your Exchange mailbox
An out-of-office message is useful when you are temporarily unable to answer your e-mails. Or, for example, if you want to send an automatic reply to say that you have received the message and provide an answer as quickly as possible. You can create that from your webmail.
First you must log in to your webmail. You do it like this:
- Log in to your control panel.
- Go to the horizontal menu at the top, click on “My products”.
- Search in the “My e-mail addresses” menu and click on it.
- Search for the domain name that the Exchange mailbox uses. Click on the corresponding “Manage” button.
- From the menu on the left, choose “Outlook Web Access”.
- You will be redirected to a login page. Your ID should already be entered. Enter your password. And sign up.
- You are there.
Now you will create the message.
- Go to the upper right corner and click on “Options”.
- From the drop-down menu you now choose “Automatic reply”.
- Activate the “Send automatic responses” button, and if you want you can determine the period in which the message applies. You can also simply activate the automatic message now, and deactivate it again later.
- Write your message.
- You can then determine more precisely to whom the automatic response is sent: only to senders outside your organization, with the additional option of whether or not to just send the response to people in your contact list.
- Click on the “Save” button.