The alias is a domain name you add to your hosting account. Instead of having its own content, it will redirect to another domain of your choice. You can use that for example if you add an alias domain Myoldwebsitedomainname.com and chose for it to forward to Mynewwebsitedomainname.com
To do that, follow the steps below.
- Log in your Plesk control panel.
- Navigate to the horizontal menu at the top.
- Click on ‘Websites & Domains’.
- Click on the ‘Add New Domain Alias’ button.
- Fill in the form and click on ‘OK’.
- If you have the Mail service option selected, the mailboxes created under the main domain will also be available under the alias. But you will not be able to create specific mailboxes for the alias domain.
- If the Web service option is turned on, the website will open in the browser at the alias’s URL. If you do not select it, a redirection will not happen. But you can still use the mail redirection, if it is switched on.
- The alias will appear for management with your other hosted domain names in the ‘Websites & Domains’ overview.