Sometimes the mail client will accept your settings and declare the setup done, even though there is something missing. Then you will experience a strange behavior of your mailbox – it will receive but not send messages or vice versa.
- Open the mail client (Mac Mail /Mail.app).
- At the top follow ‘Mail’ > ‘Preferences’.
- Switch to the ‘Accounts’ tab.
- Click on the plus sign in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Enter your full name.
- Write down your full email address like so: email@example.com.
- Write down your password.
- Save by clicking on ‘Continue’.
- Choose the applications you want the Mail App to manage and you are done.