If you configure the email client via IMAP connection all emails deleted on Email App will be deleted on the server as soon as you close Email App. Therefore, if you are using the IMAP protocol, this article does not concern you. If you are using pop3, you can limit retention on the server.
- Unlock your Android phone and go to ‘Settings’
- At the top switch to ‘Accounts’ >> ‘Email’
- At the bottom tap on ‘Account Settings’
- Tap on the account you would like to edit.
- (Optional) Scroll down and tap on ‘More Settings’
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Incoming settings’
- Scroll down to ‘Delete email from Inbox’ and choose ‘When I delete from Inbox’
- Tap on ‘Done’ at the bottom to save.