With an SSL certificate you can switch your website from HTTP to secure HTTPS.
To install an SSL certificate, first order one via our website. If the website is at Combell, Combell will install the ssl certificate for you.
You can also install an externally purchased SSL certificate on a Combell hosting:
For web hosting, follow these steps in the control panel:
- Go to “My products”> “Web hosting”> Click on “Hosting details” to the right of your domain name.
- In the menu on the left you choose “SSL & HTTPS”.
- Select the website on which you want to add the certificate and click on “Details”.
- Go to the “External certificate” tab and enter the details of your SSL certificate.
- Click on “Apply Certificate” to install it.
For Managed WordPress, follow these steps in the control panel:
- Go to “My products”> “Web hosting”> Click on “Manage” next to your domain name.
- On your left, click on “Domeinnamen & SSL”.
- At the upper right, click on “SSL settings”.
- To install a free SSL certificate, click on Enable “Let’s Encrypt”.
- If you would like to purchase a specific SSL certificate, click on the button “Check out our range of SSL certificates” to learn more and select an option.
- If you want to install an SSL certificate you have obtained from another provider, click on “Do you already have a SSL certificate?” A pop-up will appear where you will be able to enter the Private key, the certificate and the CA bundle.