Follow these steps to implement Memcached to your WordPress:
- First make sure you Activate Memcached caching from your control pael You will need the IP and port number.
- Log in your WordPress backend.
- Check if the plugin “W3 Total Cache” is installed. If not, install it first.
- Follow “Performance” >> “General Settings” and make sure your “Object Cache Method” in “Object Cache” is set to Memcached.
- Next, go into the menu on the left to “Performance” or and then below to “Object Cache”.
- For memcached hostname:port/IP:port, enter the IP address followed by the port number, for example:250.250.250.1:9000
- Then click on “Save all settings”.
- Then go to “Page cache” and at “Memcached hostname: port/IP:port” again fill in the IP address and port as the example above.
- Save again by clicking “Save all settings”.