Since 2011, Combell, the first Belgian hoster, holds an ISO 27001 certificate. This quality label results from an extensive external audit on Security Management. This way, our customers get the best guarantees as far as security of their hosting environment is concerned, comparable to what banks offer to their customers. In 2009, Combell also obtained an ISO 9001 certificate.
What is an ISO 27001 certificate?
The ISO 27001 standard, which derives from the English "Code of Practice for Information Security Management (BS7799)", refers to a information security management system (ISMS) and specifies how you can manage security risks in a provable manner.
The ISO 27001 standard concerns all aspects of information security:
- Organisational aspects (liability)
- Capital assets (infrastructure, network, systems and other means of exploitation)
- Personnel (house rules, mistakes, theft, fraud, abuse)
- Physical aspects (locks, fire prevention)
- Communication and operation (management of systems, processes and procedures)
- Access control (password, biometrics)
- System and software development and maintenance (documentation, processes)
- Continuity (disaster recovery infrastructure)
- Rules and regulations (Computer Crime Act, Personal Data Protection Act)
When realising an ISMS, the ISO 27001 standard specifies that you need to determine a scope and a policy, conduct a risk analysis, select, implement and manage measures for the identified risks (allocate resources) and finally monitor and review the foregoing (cyclically).
You can call us free of charge from Belgium and the Netherlands